The Travelers and the Purse

 Author: Aesop


One of the two men picked up a full purse while they were both walking alongside the road with another.

He exclaimed, "How fortunate I am. I discovered a purse. It must be filled with gold, based on its weight."

Saying "I have found a purse" is not appropriate, his colleague cautioned him.

"We have found a purse, not 'how lucky we are,' you should remark. The good and bad fortunes of the road should be shared by all travelers. ".

The other retorted angrily, "No, no. I found it and I'm keeping it."

They suddenly heard someone yell, "Stop, thief!" and turned to see a crowd of people walking down the street carrying clubs.

A panic attack overcame the man who had discovered the purse.

If they discover the purse on us, we are lost, he sobbed.

The other retorted, "No, no, you wouldn't say 'we' before, so stick to your 'I' now.

State "I'm lost."'".

Moral

If we don't want to share our good fortune with others, we can't expect them to share our misfortunes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parts of Speech in English Grammar

Naveed Jan English

7 Cs of Effective Communication